Museo Cospiano: annesso a quello del famoso Vlisse Aldrovandi e donato alla sua patria dall' illustrissimo signor Ferdinando Cospi ..., fra' gli Accademici Gelati il Fedele, e principe al presente de' medesimi.Bologna: Giacomo Monti, 1677.
As the title indicates, the Cospi collection incorporated the earlier museum of Ulisse Aldrovandi, and Legati's catalogue is sometimes regarded as forming a 14th or supplementary volume to Aldrovandi's encyclopedic Opera omnia (13 vols., 1599-1667). "When Maximilian Misson visited the Cospi collection in 1688 what struck him most were the 'hundred and eighty-seven volumes in folio, all written by Aldrovandus in his own hand, with more than two hundred bags full of loose papers' " (Grinke, From Wunderkammer to museum (2006) No. 25). Digital facsimile from the Getty Research Institute, Internet Archive, at this link.
Subjects: MUSEUMS › Natural History Museums / Wunderkammern